Federal Legislative Agenda For The 117th Congress
Up for Growth Action® is a 501(c)(4) federal pro-housing legislative advocacy campaign focused on advancing policies that achieve housing equity, eliminate systemic barriers, and create more homes. Up for Growth Action, in concert with Up for Growth®, an affiliated 501(c)(3) member-network driven research and policy organization, builds and engages with a diverse network of members and stakeholders to shape pro-housing policies, develop evidence-based housing policy research and analysis, and directly advocate for federal policy.
Our Legislative Focus
Our primary focus is to advance federal legislation that eliminates systemic barriers and creates more homes. We develop and lead the advocacy efforts for legislation that works to eliminate exclusionary zoning and discriminatory land use policies, as well as legislation aimed at reducing artificial barriers to housing. We partner with other organizations to advance policies that increase resources and access to capital for the production of more affordable income-restricted housing. Finally, we support legislation that boosts housing assistance, prevents displacement, and ensures housing stability.
- Task Force on the Impact of the Affordable Housing Crisis Act.
- Housing is Infrastructure Act.
- Maximizing Our Redevelopment and Efficiency for Transit Oriented Development (MORE TOD) Act.
- Better PLAN Act.
- Neighborhood Homes Investment Act. S. 98. Cardin (D-MD) and Portman (R-OH).
- Affordable Housing Credit Improvement Act.
- Fulfilling the Promise of the Housing Trust Fund Act.
- Revitalizing Economies, Housing, and Businesses (REHAB) Act.
- The Emergency Rental Assistance and Rental Market Stabilization Act.